Rob has the uncanny ability to convince us we’re just having a good time, when secretly he’s implanting the game-changing secrets we’ll need to help our organizations change the world. He’s like that movie you enjoy the heck out of and think about again and again for years, as opposed to anything by Michael Bay. Substance PLUS fun.
— Holly Ross, Nonprofit Technology Network
Rob’s quick wit and engaging style – along with his extensive background in the online world and strategic communications – have inspired and informed audiences for organizations like the Canadian Marketing Association, the Canadian Institute, Rogers/CityTV, NetSquared and the Nonprofit Technology Conference.
He speaks on:
- social media and making effective, meaningful use of networked communication
- personal communications, from finding your voice to delivering powerful presentations
- humour and comedy, and how they help to connect us in the digital era.
Rob cofounded social media strategy firm Social Signal, launched and led a leading social marketing firm’s new media practice, and worked for several years as a senior communications strategist and speechwriter for national political, business and labour leaders. He has taught social media courses for UBC and Emily Carr University of Art and Design, performs standup comedy, and draws a popular business-and-tech cartoon.
To talk about bringing Rob to your next event, contact him here.
Rob Cottingham is an excellent instructor, drawing on his industry expertise and skill as a facilitator of social media. Our students who are professionals in their own careers benefited greatly from Rob’s insights, strategies and references to real-world situations in the social media realm.
— Fiona McAuley, UBC Continuing Studies
Rob is inspiring. Once he’s on the stage, everybody relaxes, knowing they’re about to be stimulated intellectually AND laugh their heads off.
— Linda Solomon, Vancouver Observer
Some groups Rob has spoken to
- Canadian Institute
- Canadian Marketing Association
- NTEN Nonprofit Technology Conference
- Canadian Public Relations Society – Vancouver Island
- Acuity Forums
- Ragan Speechwriters’ Conference
- Persuading to Win
- Massive Technology Show
- BC Technology Industry Association
- Special Libraries Association WCC
- Northern Voice
- CUPE BC
- BC Teachers Federation
- Women’s Franchise Network Vancouver
- Vancouver Twestival