There are few communications tools with the emotional power and immediacy of a well-crafted, well-delivered speech.
Rob is one of Canada’s leading speechwriters. His first client won the leadership of a national political party. And for more than two decades since then, he has worked closely with leaders in politics, business, community organizations, labour and more – helping them connect with audiences and deliver clear, high-impact speeches.
- The spoken word: Speech is a medium with unique demands and strengths. Rob understands the pacing, dramatic structure and persuasive elements that can make a good speech great.
- A strategic vehicle: Your time and your audience’s attention are too valuable to waste. Rob integrates your central messages and communications strategy into the speech from the beginning.
- The right speech: Every audience is different. Rob’s extensive background has seen him write speeches for events ranging from small, intimate gatherings to major campaign rallies. He can tailor the cadence and tone of a speech to suit any audience.
- The right media: There are times when slides or charts can elevate a speech – and times when they can weigh it down. Rob can help you tell the difference, and craft the right media support for your message.
- In your own voice: Rob suits his writing style not only to the occasion and to the audience, but also to the speaker. The result is a speech that sounds and feels natural.
- An out-of-room experience: The best speeches leave their audiences with vivid images, real-life examples and striking turns of phrase. Rob draws on humour, metaphor and anecdote to make your speech memorable… and persuasive.
Speech coaching: From helping you hone the underlying narrative of your speech, to choosing the right cases and stories, to delivering your presentation with authority, confidence and impact, Rob can guide you through the process of creating a speech that moves crowds and changes minds.
Speechwriting and presentation design: Rob can deliver as complete a solution as you need, from bullet points to a full speaking text; from a single compelling chart to a full PowerPoint or Keynote deck.
Training for executive communicators: Combining real-world experience with the fundamentals of solid speechwriting, Rob has delivered workshops to writers in corporate PR, government, labour, politics and community groups.