I won’t be able to make it this year—and actually, it’s been way too long since I’ve been able to make my way up to Hollyhock—but there’s an annual event happening there this June that anyone should consider, if social change is their bag.
It’s the Social Change Institute, and it runs this year from June 8 to 12. I attended one five years ago with Alex that not only introduced me to dozens of fascinating people doing tremendous work in many aspects of social change, but also led to one of the projects Social Signal is proudest of, Tyze.
Here’s the word on this year’s Institute:
We are pleased to welcome you for the 2011 Social Change Institute at Hollyhock on Cortes Island. Join organizations and leaders working towards practical solutions to timely local and global issues, in a collaborative and fun 5 day intensive at Canada’s renowned lifelong learning centre.
Emerging themes and outcomes include:
- Cross sector relationship building
- Breakout Skills and Tools sessions
- Inspiring and informative updates from selected issue areas
- Case Studies: Participants focus as a group on an individual organization’s challenges
- Focus Forums: Participant led hot topics
- Confidential Problem Solving small groups
- One on one intensive consulting sessions with experts
- And everything Hollyhock.ca can offer you in terms of side benefits: fabulous local food from the ocean and garden, nature hikes, bodywork, hot tubs, socials, music, rest, and face to face time with the ocean and the forest.
Contact Hollyhock at 1-800-933-6339 or Stina at 604-612-8563 for more information. Or head over to our online home base: http://www.scihollyhock.org