Okay, so it isn’t the revolution. But it’s a big step forward for Mother Corporation as the CBC unleashes a whole bunch of new podcasts on an unsuspecting public.
Every day will bring a new edition of a particular podcast:
- Monday – The Best of Ideas
- Tuesday – Dispatches
- Wednesday – The Best of Outfront
- Thursday – The Best of The Current
- Friday – The Best of As It Happens
- Saturday – Quirks & Quarks
- Sunday – The Best of DNTO
That enough for you? Wait, don’t answer â€“ there’s more, updated with varying frequency:
- CBC Radio 3
- Sounds Like Canada: The Digital Extra
- CBC Radio Editor’s Choice
- Words at Large
- Word of the Week
Still got some room on that iPod? There’s also a weekly roundup of stories from every region of Canada.
The upshot is a dramatic multiplication of the CBC’s podcast offerings, with a promise of more to come. This has to be pretty gratifying for the broadcaster’s in-house tech visionary and podcast evangelist, Tod Maffin, who’s done a lot to make this happen. Online communities around each podcast would be a natural next step, but this is terrific progress.